Hallo you! Did you have a good week? Mine was really busy and then I look up today and realise March is upon us! Of course one of the first thoughts that cross my mind is “I have hopes, dreams and goals for 2015 but those goals won’t achieve themselves”, so though I had planned to lie in (today being environmental sanitation day in Lagos with movement restricted till 10a.m, which means no karate class to rush to…. I begin to ramble), anyhow, so though I’d planned to lie in, I get out of bed and start to review my progress:
1. Am I still on course? Do I still want the things I wanted when I set those goals at the beginning of the year?
2. Have I super-sized them or become more focused? Choosing one area to build?
3. If I have, which area is it?
4. What results do I want to see and by what time?
5. If I am to see those results, what do I need to do everyday that brings me closer to achieving them?
6. Whose help do I need? Maybe invest in hiring an Assistant? A digital media expert? A Coach? A Course?… In other words, get whatever help I need to equip myself to unlock my full potential.
7. And finally who can I share my vision and goals with, who is wiser and can see the pitfalls I can’t see, who can see where I am not stretching enough and call me out on it but more importantly, who will hold me accountable and not let me off until I have achieved those goals. Won’t tolerate my excuses!
Having gone through my own process and written them out in my lovely journal (don’t you just love it? It says “I can & I will, watch me!”, just picking up my journal motivates me to action… rambling again, sorry) I thought to share with you, and ask, “you haven’t kept those resolutions? Haven’t made those changes? March is nearly here but don’t despair, today is as good a day as the 1st of January, so re-set again, dream again, set those goals and this time decide on the steps you need to take to achieve them, then commit to doing one thing towards your goals everyday! Today is a gift and a new chance to start over if you have to, improve if you started already! To move from good to great,
from ordinary to extra-ordinary and believe me, you can!